Spiritual growth is the process of getting rid of wrong concepts, thoughts and beliefs about who we are and about the world in which we live. Through this process we increase our awareness of our true inner being, the true spirit that we are. It is a process of looking inside us, shedding our illusions and uncovering our true essence, which is always present, but hidden beyond the ego-personality.
Here are a few points suggested by Spiritual Gurus –
1. Acknowledge the fact that you are a spirit with a physical body, not a physical body with a spirit. If you can accept this idea, it will change your attitude toward many things in your life.
2. Look inside you, and try to find out what it is that makes you feel alive.
3. Make an effort to think positively. If you find yourself thinking negatively, immediately direct your mind to thinking on something positive. Open the door for the positive and close it for the negative.
4. Always try to look at the bright side of life. Your inner self is stronger than your circumstances. Don’t let circumstances and situations dictate to you how to feel or think.
5. Endeavor to focus your attention on everything you do, instead of letting your attention go wherever it desires.
6. Start learning and practicing meditation.
7. Do your best to be tolerant, patient, tactful and considerate.
8. Thank the Universe for everything that you get.